I’ve posted quite a bit about it on the relevant war memorial blog, South Africa Remembers.
Here’s a list of the aspects covered on that blog:
- Checking whether it covers deaths up to the CWGC end date of 31 August 1921. (It appears to do so.)
- Examining whether service personnel have been included regardless of sex, rank or ethnicity. (They have.)
- Observations on how the data has been organised, and the additional information this record provides as to the cause of death.
- Providing some tips on how to search this particular set of records effectively.
- An accolade for Howard Williamson, the man behind the release of the images for this Roll of Honour.
This post contains an affiliate link to a service that I use and recommend. If you choose to use this service using my link I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Doing this helps to cover the costs of maintaining this blog and is much appreciated!